Friday, February 13, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dinner for my Hubby!

My husband's beautiful birthday was this week and we are on a budget, so I figured I do what I do best and make his gift homemade, livanue-style! haha...so corny! Love it!

Homemade meal and a homemade card was my gift!

And my husband appreciated it very much.
Well that is what he said.

If you would like to know how I made the main course and the dessert,
Here is the links for them:

Steak Marinade Recipe

Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe

Reese's Cup Vanilla Cupcake Recipe





MAIN COURSE:

Marinated Steak with Stuffed Bell Peppers








THEN TO THE DESSERT! : Vanilla Cupcakes with Reese's Cup filling topped with custard and topped with crushed Reese's cups.













PRESENT TIME!

Now this is when your listening and paying attention to your significant other comes in handy, even it is the small little things.

My husband does not like to ask for things because he is trying to be good steward of our budget, but sometimes its nice just to get something simple so when he looks at it, he thinks of me and is reminded that even though I may not look like I'm paying attention, I am. hahahaha.

The Gifts:

1. Bottle of Wine - $7
2. Pint of Half and Half - $1.30
so he could make his espresso drink at home while taking a break from Starbucks.
3. Setting up the extra TV we had in his office - 30 min.
so that he can take a break from the computer work he does.
4. Homemade card - 30 min. and a little extra $$$ to put towards publishing his children's book.

All of these were gifts for my love, so I hope you take the time to listen to your significant other's ramblings, passions, and when they share things with you. And remember that sometimes it is the small, meaningful things make a world of difference.



No comments :

Post a Comment