Monday, February 16, 2015

What happen to Old Fashioned Letters?

I was sitting at my desk and typing a blog post and then I thought, what happened to old fashioned letters?

Like the ones that family send to their loved one, lovebirds confess their love and the exciting parts of life and friends send to one another just to say hi.

Then I thought, why don't people send letters to one another if they live together?
The thought came to mind when I was preparing for my husband's birthday gift.

I tried going to the store the other day and to buy pretty letterhead paper to have just in case I wanted to write a letter, and only one Korean stationary store had any selection of papers and envelopes.

I remember that the thoughts that people write on letters are heartfelt even if they fill their room with crumpled pieces of paper because they cannot figure out the "perfect" phrase to write. But it isn't about the perfection, but making sure the words are shared out of love even it is difficult words to say.The beauty of words on a paper that is sent half way across the world or across the table is something that ceases to make my heart flutter.

The vintage communication of letter writing is definitely a beautiful art piece which takes time to admire but well worth the effort.

I encourage you today to write a letter to someone you care for. <3

No comments :

Post a Comment