Friday, April 24, 2015

Valentine's Day / Birthday Celebration Part 2

Hi all!

I know Valentine's Day was in February. I apologize for the late blog because I was preparing for my belated Korean Honeymoon. But I hope you had a great celebration of love with your special person or people in your life.

This Valentine's Day was a combination birthday celebration part 2 and celebration of love and family.

I had the special birthday people: My Sister-In-Law and my husband 
Then Valentine's Day all at once.

So I thought I would kind of make a Korean fusion lunch that everyone would like. 
My sister-in-law likes traditional Korean, brother-in-law likes anything meat and my husband and I like fusion.

So I made a variation that will fit everyone's palette. I used recipes from maangchi.com.
The layout on how the instructor has a Youtube video plus written instructions for each recipe.

Below, I have put a link to the recipe I used to make each meal. 

2. Jap-Chae - Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry

3. Marinated beef
4. Spicy Marinated Pork Belly
5. Rice
6. Cabbage Kimchi

For birthdays, my mother used to always make me Mi-Yeok Soup (Seaweed soup).
I researched the reason behind that 

We ended the meal with some nice freshly brewed coffee with slices of New York Cheesecake!

Great end for a celebration of love an family!


No comments :

Post a Comment